On this edition of the Jurassic HR Podcast we welcome Kirk Shortland to the show. Kirk discusses how recruitment has changed during the global pandemic and where he sees the future of recruitment and working going in 2021 and beyond.
This interview was recorded ahead of the recent announcement of the second UK national lockdown. Therefore, some details relating to furlough and the job support scheme, will be potentially out of date.
Lockdown 2 in England 5 Nov – 2 Dec. Are you ready?
On October 31st, the Government announced the following:
* Stay at home 5 Nov – 2 Dec
* Schools, colleges and Universities stay open
* Work from home wherever possible
* Exercise and recreation with only 1 other person from your bubble
* Care and essential health services to continue including volunteering
* Non-essential shops and entertainment to close
* Take away to continue
* Over 60’s and vulnerable people to be extra careful
Do you need help and advice working out what to do with your employees?
Unclear about terminology – furlough, job support scheme?